Re: [amibroker] Re: Help with latest IQFeed Client

> yes, a lot of users are generally interested in alternatives to pricey
> eSignal.  Unfortunately it appears that TJ himself is not interested
> much in alternatives.  Otherwise I simply do not understand why he
> always stayed suspiciously quiet when the bug was mentioned here on
> this list and does not fix it.

I am getting sick of such accusations. If I were not interested in alternatives
how come that there are so many of them implemented http://www.amibroker.com/guide/h_quotes.html ?
How come that I deliver all plugins for free (except for QCharts but that's different story)
- hiding you from huge costs involved in developing such plugins.

Go login onto IQFeed message board and see how many critical bugs were reported
by VARIOUS developers.

I have spent months trying to make sense out of IQFeed buggy feed.
I have spent less than a 1/4 of that time to implement eSignal.

This speaks for itself.
It is not my fault or my "lack of interest". It is IQFeed fault that their feed is buggy and incomplete
(how many years we have asked for seconds resolution in the feed and pre/afterhours backfill).

Yes their released new version recently and again they promise that they fixed problems
now. I will check that, but I heard this promise lots of times already and in previous
years they simply failed to deliver.

AmiBroker has OPEN AND FREE API (opposite to most data vendors APIs)
DTN/IQFeed is free to write their own plugin for AmiBroker if they think their feed is
next best thing since sliced bread.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com