[amibroker] Re: Multi Row Colored Ribbons

Just Brainstorming here...but what about not seeing any of the 15
indicators on the price chart (they could be tucked away on another
tab for viewing) and when the indicator meets your criteria for a
buy it plots a arrow colored specific to that indicator on the price
chart. Each indicator's arrow would plot at a different distance
from price as to not overlap and this would allow you to see a
clutster of buy signals at a glance. Then you could always go to the
indicator tab to confirm or analyse further.

This probably isn't what your after but I thought it to be cool if
you're using a voting type system.

peace,

ot

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "MarketMonk777" <dlittner@xxx>
wrote:

> Hi OT,
>
> It wasn't the coloring that was giving me a challenge as much as
how to plot
> multple (multicolored) rows.
>
> What I am experimenting with is combining 5 to 15 indicators and
putting
> them into one pane.  Imagine one pane having 15 thick rows that
change
> color. I would use color to represent the state of the indicators
like RSI,
> Stoc, MACD, etc.  Still experiementing with it and will post some
code as
> soon as I get close to my ultimate goal.
>
> Dave

On Behalf
> Of orionsturtle
> Sent: Monday, July 24, 2006 12:38 PM
> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [amibroker] Re: Multi Row Colored Ribbons
>
> Dave this is what I use to color my indicator dynamicly. I got it
from the
> help files.
>
> Long_color = up; //"up" is your variable.
> Short_color =  down; //daown is your variable too.
> dynamic_color = IIf(Long_color, colorGreen , IIf(Short_color,
colorRed ,
> colorBlue)) ;
>
> Plot( MACD()  , "MACD" , dynamic_color , ParamStyle ("Style" ,
> styleNoLabel| styleThick ) );
>
> hope it helps.
>
> OT
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Corey Saxe" <cesaxe@> wrote:
> >
> > Try:
> >
> > // overall ribbon
> > down = MACD()<Signal() AND MA(C,5)<MA(MA(C,5),7); up = MACD()
>Signal()
> > AND MA(C,5)>MA(MA(C,5),7); Color =
> > IIf(down,colorRed,IIf(Up,colorGreen, colorYellow)); //bottom
ribbon,
> > plots last Plot(2,"Cond1",IIf( MACD()<Signal

(),colorRed,colorGreen),styleOwnScale|styleArea|styleNoLabel,0,100 );
> > Plot(2.5,"",colorBlack,styleOwnScale|styleArea|styleNoLabel,0,
> 100 );//bottom black line, plots fourth
> >
> > // Mid ribbon
> > Plot(4.5,"Cond2", IIf( MA(C,5)<MA(MA(C,5),7), colorRed,
colorGreen),
> > styleOwnScale|styleArea|styleNoLabel, 0,
> 100 );//plots third
> > Plot(5.0,"",colorBlack,styleOwnScale|styleArea|styleNoLabel, 0,
> 100 );//2nd black line, plots second
> >

> > Plot(7.5,"Overall Ribbon",Color,
> styleOwnScale|styleArea|styleNoLabel, 0, 100 );//top ribbon, plots
> first
> >
> > This was from long ago and doesn't reflect any updated code that
> subsequent betas would have provided.
> >
> > -CS

SUPPORT {at}