[amibroker] Re: Triggering a Chandelier trailing stop with % favorable price excursion

Terry,

Thanks for getting back to me quickly.

You say the code should work, but when I attempt to print out the
OpenPrice value I get the standard -1E10 monster value which
indicates that OpenPrice was never defined, or is being treated as an
array rather than a number.  The next line of code that works with
OpenPrice is

PcntExcursion = ( ( Open - OpenPrice ) / Open ) * 100.0;

Note that Open is the standard Open price array.   My thinking is
this will create a new array, PcntExcursion, which provides
percentage price excursion from the BuyPrice.  Again, when I attempt
to print out this array I get the -1E10 monster value, indicating
this array is not assigned.

The other idea I had for grabbing the buy price (the Open at the
EntryBar) was code that looked like this:

TempPrice = Ref(BuyPrice,-(BarIndex()-EntryBar));
OpenPrice = BeginValue(TempPrice);

Where EntryBar is the bar the buy is made on.

Or alternatively something like:

PcntExcursion = ( ( Open - Ref(BuyPrice,-(BarIndex()-EntryBar)) ) /
Open ) / 100.0;

Thanks,

Dave

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Terry" <MagicTH@xxx> wrote:

> Your code should work in retrieving the Open price on the day you
buy.
> You probably should get the BuyPrice in case trade delays are set.
>
> However, you will need to use loops to affect the results because
when
> using array processing you cannot affect the array with code below
the
> original line.
>
> That's probably a confusing statement. I would need more of your
code to
> make any recommendations.
> --
> Terry