[amibroker] Re: I am lostII

> How would one become proficient/knowledgable in writing code such
as this???

By understanding that the Buy[] array is not true ONLY on the bar
where the first buy signal occurred in a trade.

Required reading with 100% comprehension:

1. Tutorial in the docs on "Understanding how AFL works"

When you fully understand this document, it is easy to see how
excessive buy/sell signals get generated.   AFL works on arrays of
data and compares the indices of that data in a parallel manner to
other arrays of data in your AFL expressions and statements.

Required understanding:

2. How the exrem() function works.  In the code below, Tomasz's
example is walking through the Buy[] array which contains excessive
buy signals.  He's only interested in the first one that triggered
and has to ignore the excessive signals for a respective trade
sequence.

AFL looks on the surface like a small C-like language and, in many
ways, it is.  However, its real power is based upon the fundamental
understanding that it takes care of processing arrays upon arrays of
data for you "behind the scenes" so you don't have to write a bunch
of for() loops to get your work accomplished.

You're getting stopped (mentally) by the code below not because of
your inexperience with programming, but because of the two
fundamental things about AFL I mentioned above.

Steve

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, allansn@xxx wrote:

> Hi Terry,
> Noticed you reccomended these 2 books...I have absolutely no
problem coding in Amibroker,but I do run into problems with coding
such as this..
>  for( i = 0; i < *BarCount*; i++ )
> {
>  if( priceatbuy == 0 *AND* *Buy*[ i ] )
>    {
>       priceatbuy = *BuyPrice*[ i ];
>
> How would one become proficient/knowledgable in writing code such
as this???
> Is this AFL???  or
> Is this sort of language inherent in every language?
> Would either of the 2 books you reccomended assist me in this task?
> If you or anyone could point me in the direction of a "Dummies "
book,that would be great.I would just like to be proficient at
writing/understanding code such as the snippet above