[amibroker] Re: On Fundamental data import

Being a long-time artificial ticker-er myself (and an absolute non-
programmer) I think one disadvantage of this method is that, assuming
a daily data base, we are creating arrays with many, many duplicate
values. For example an array containing EPS (in one of the OHLCVI
fields) would only change about 4 times a year; during 3 consecutive
months we are stuffing this array with the same value.

I can imagine this simply puts a lot of strain on the AB database.
And for example 30 fundamentals divided among 5 arti-tickers for each
stock increases a 2,000 stock database to 10,000 "stocks".

I am just assuming this because if not, then why would TJ not have
implemented the new fundamentals as arrays, in this case not with 6
OHLCVI datafields but with one single datafield, so indeed daily (or
bulk ASCII) imported (funda) values would build a historical database
completely within AB similar to price data.

I remember though having read requests for "custom arrays" in deep
historical depths of the message board archives, so there must be a
good reason why these were never implemented.

But just as dbirru I'd be very interested to know if SQL will have a
serious advantage over artificial tickers. I am absolutely ignorant
about SQL so will this be worth digging into?

Thanks very much for advice from TJ or other experts.

-treliff

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Michael.S.G." <OzFalconAB@xxx>