[amibroker] Re: How does AB calculate splits for things like IWM?

After thinking about it, what AB is doing seems to make sense. If a
stock splits 2 for 1 then the number of shares you would now have
would be 2 at half the price. But since IWM isn't really a stock and
it has an adjusted close then to get the correct volume you would
have to use the formula I defined in the original note:

NewVolume = OldVolume * OldPrice / SplitAdjustedPrice.

That is exactly what you get if you compare the Excel file from
Yahoo with what AB imports when you download IWM.

Barry

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Terry" <MagicTH@xxx> wrote:

> Volume doesn't "actually change", but if you must adjust it
otherwise
> Vol * Price won't equal the amount of money traded pre-split.
> --
> Terry

On
> Behalf Of Barry Scarborough
> Sent: Friday, July 21, 2006 17:21
> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [amibroker] How does AB calculate splits for things like
IWM?

> I noticed that AB does not have correct, or the same, values for
the
> volume that you get when you download the historical data from
Yahoo