[amibroker] Re: I am lost

Hello Fred,

I can't walk in Tomasz's shoes any more than I can teach someone who
doesn't want to be taught by me.
Tomasz has to make those kind of decisions for himself.

I do wonder about certain things at certain times.
That is only natural; it is human to wonder and also to be concerned
about our fellows.
I was a little apprehensive on Tomasz's behalf when I noticed he
felt the need to publically explain his short absence to have a
holdiday, visit his parents and have a little 'fun'.

I also wondered about it when I saw Tomasz making very early and
late posts (locally adjusted time) and I thought perhaps he is
working very long hours.
However, in keeping with my post to Steve, I have learned over the
years, not to worry about those things which are out of my control.

My experience is that there is a lot more to business than being
say, in the case of a stockmarket software company, a very good or
very creative programmer.
Business success involves good time management, staff selection and
training, delegation, marketing, business planning and development,
finacial management, cash flow management, succession planning,
product development, customer service etc.
The list goes on.

However, to me, personally, business is not all about just dollars
and cents.
It is also about ethics, people, relationships, creativity,
responsibility, personal duty, social duties, fun etc.
That list also goes on.

Based on my views, I have privately given Tomasz lots of bouquets
and a few brickbats about his program.
I also gave him a few hints on matters that, strictly speaking, were
a little outside the boundary of program related issues, as I am
doing in this post.
I didn't receive any replies requesting further advice on those
matters.
He did appear to accept it gracefully, although that is an
assumption on my part.
Anyway, if I continue with it much longer I would just become a
nuisance.

Tomasz is a big boy and I am confident he can look after himself.
The only thing I have control over is my own affairs.
The only thing I can do effectively is to whole heartedly champion
my own 'cause celebre', which incidentally is not Amibroker or
indeed even stock market trading, although they do comprise elements
of it.

To prove that I am not all hot air, I have made a fair effort in
this forum and at the feedback centre (BrianB2) to help out (I am
not sure if Tomasz or others perceive it as helpful or not; that is
their problem, not mine).
However, in the event that AB does not or can not meet my
expectations, now, or in the future I also make it my business to
look after myself, e.g. I am currently reading Sam's 'Teach Yourself
Beginning Programming in 24 Hours' by Greg Perry, as my personal
solution to the training gap problem.
In the future I will also learn to personalise AB to my own needs or
pay someone elso to do it for me if and when AB doesn't provide the
features I need.
Personally I might be better off doing that, instead of offering my
suggestions to Tomasz, to consider for inclusion in AB for the good
of the wider audience.

Conclusion.

Tomasz,

You don't need to carry me up the mountain.
I will enjoy your company part or all of the way, as you choose.
If you are there waiting at the top for me when I get
there, "salute".
If you want to stop and smell the roses, I'll bid you adieu 'til
another day.

Brian.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Fred" <ftonetti@xxx> wrote:

> "If it makes you feel any better,I have tried to assist others in
any
> way i could."
>
> I have assisted others albeit in somewhat out of the ordinary ways
as
> well ... However to some degree I understand what I think is the
logic
> behind the previous posters comments ...
>
> TJ's responsibility here is that of a MARKETER, nth Level
SUPPORTER and
> DEVELOPER ... Not that of a trainer per se and while I would agree
it
> is advantageous sometimes to have the DEVELOPER of products also
be an
> educator that really can't be to the extent that it affects
progress in
> development ...
>
> If you were the developer of a particular jiu jitsu discipline ...
you