RE: RE: [amibroker] Re: Ease of Charting

Hi Allan,

Thanks for clarifying the issue that you have.  Yes you are correct that a
window can consist of one or more sheets and on these sheets they can
consist of one or more panes.  Each sheet in a particular window is
synchronized to the same time interval.  So what you meant by "side by side"
is two sheets in the same window.  This is not possible.  If you feel it is
of importance to be able to do so, put up a suggestion of the feedback log.

To solve this problem folks have been using two or more windows in a layout.
With each window sized and positioned to their liking.  Also one window can
be linked to another window such that when the symbol in the first changes,
so does the symbol in the linked window.  What is not linked between these
two windows is the time frame, so that one can be showing daily bars and the
other weekly.

Now I am waiting to hear back from Rakesh.

On another note along the same lines, are you aware that you can write code
that will change it's parameters as you go from Daily, to Weekly, to Monthly
(or any other timeframe).  An example might be to have the period change for
a simple moving average as you go from a Daily plot to a Weekly plot.  You
could change two moving average plots on the daily from showing a 50 period
MA and a 200 period MA to a 10 period MA and a 40 period MA.

Regards,

Dave

  _____