From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of herrfrechdax
Sent: Saturday, July 08, 2006 10:59
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: How to BUY a FOREIGN?

Terry,
thanks a lot for your suggestions, which I all tried or checked. I
think I am exprienced in backtesting, its settings, filters and
stuff. Sometimes it happens I overlook small but important details.
>:-)

I think the concept of reading all symbols of a market or a watchlist
as mentioned in the first place and taken from the help-section
(chapter CATEEGORYGERSYMBOLS) is not useful in combination with a
filter.

Correct me when I am wrong, but that loop will be processed for every
symbol in the filter, while it would be necessary only one time. Its
using that much processing time and cpu-resources its close to
freeze. And there is also no satisfying result. So I hard-coded for
every symbol:

IF (NAME()=="xyz"" ...action...;

As the watchlist consists of the current stock that is in DJ-INDU its
almost static. This way its much faster and delivers the results that
I expected. Took me a long time to find out.

enzo

 --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Terry" <MagicTH@xxx> wrote:

> Tradeprice = True means to replace the BuyPrice, SellPrice, etc.
with
> those of the Foreign symbol.
>
> You still must have the symbol selected or available in a filter
> Watchlist or use "all symbols" in order to get it to trade.
>
> Did you try my second suggestion? That clearly works for me
(provided
> it's available in the list of stocks you are testing...what I just
about
> using "filter" or "all symbols")
>
> --
> Terry