From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of matrix10014
Sent: Friday, July 07, 2006 09:26
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Crazy backtest results

Hi all,

new user to AMI,and was running some simple backtests.Much to my
suprise,the backtest report is distributing 100% innacurate results.

How does the backtester come up with a net loss of (6015.37),when it
appears that the long trades netted $7695.35 while the short trades
only lost (5534.03).I would think that I shoild have a net profit of
1679.98....How can this be???Thank you!!!

For the record,much more bizzare things are happening.For instance,I
have selected in settings "LONG" trades,and in the trade reports,no
short trades are entere,but I do have a SHORT P&L in the reports..

Here is a copy of reports

                    All trades       Long trades     Short trades
Initial capital      200000.00       200000.00        200000.00

Ending capital     193984.60          207695.35        194465.97

Net Profit          -6015.37            7695.35        5534.03

any help deeply appreciated

Allan