[amibroker] (OT) Re: Has anybody made any money???

Mark, my trading now is along similar lines:  Focus on strong stocks
(my preference is small- and micro-cap growth) but ONLY when the whole
market is strong.

The main difference between our methods seems to be that you're
deliberately buying on dips and I would only do that
unintentionally.:)  The practical outcome is that your returns are 2-3
times what I can reasonably expect, but with higher drawdowns.  One of
the "market wizards" (I don't remember which one) once said that if
you expect to double your money you have to be willing to lose 1/3 of
it.  Sounds like you're right in there.:)

Thanks for the idea about the 5-8 day time-stops.  It might only be
applicable for buying on dips instead of buying into strength, but
I'll look into it anyway.

Luck,

Sebastian

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Mark H" <amibroker@xxx> wrote:

> Dr Gaine$
>
> My strategy is dip buying. When the market is bullish, buy strong
stocks when they dip steeply and sell them when they rise.
> The secret is to use time stops (5-8 days) to let your capital work
harder for you.
> The most difficult part is to sit tight when market is not good and
also stomach the drawdown up to 40%.
> Backtest helps a lot to pull the trigger when you are down 40%.
>
> - Mark

printing machines. It is what between your ears matters.

great/good/fair