RE: [amibroker] Has anybody made any money???

How have you done in the last 30 days?

  _____

From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Mark H
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2006 10:15 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Has anybody made any money???

Yuki:

Of course, it is self-evident that nobody can get 100% every year otherwise
he would own the whole world in less than 50 years starting with $100.
That's not the point. The point is when you are small, you should strive for
high returns with reasonable drawdowns. Then when you get to a few millions
or higher, you should diversify your investments/systems and get lower but
steady returns. That's the goal for many individual traders if they don't
want to manage other people's money.
As I read, many top traders were able to get 50-500% for 5-10 years when
they started out. When you are big, it is hard to get high returns since
your moving in/out of the market causes adverse price movements.

Richard Dennis didn't blow his own bankroll. He blew half of the fund he
managed in 1987 because he violated his own principles which he taught to
the turtles. He stopped managing fund for a few years until 1994, when he
started Dennis Trading Group. He was and still is a very wealthy man.

Good trading,

- Mark