  From: Yuki Taga
  To: richard gaines
  Sent: Monday, June 19, 2006 5:47 PM
  Subject: Re: [amibroker] Has anybody made any money???

  Hi richard,

  Why? ^_^

  There are basically only two ways to get that kind of return: 1)
  Start with a meaningless amount of money, and/or 2) Use enormous
  leverage and make a couple of big bets that turn out right. But it's
  likely a combination of 1 and 2. In any case, a percentage return
  number like that without any hint of money under management is
  meaningless. You can "bet it all" when "all" is something you are
  willing to lose. When "all" becomes significant, the story changes.
  And nobody -- and I do mean nobody -- gets those kind of returns,
  particularly year after year, without accepting risk that most of us
  would find very, very extreme. The trader will either reduce risk
  substantially in the future, or soon be looking for a different
  career, IMHO.

  Yuki