Re: [amibroker] Re: forex and AB

thanks a lot, Martin, what I read from your reply
seems the plugin only feeds current bar, no history
could be populated?? is there a way to get in the
historical data in order for back testing?

meanwhile, do you have any idea if MT 4 supports the
usage of cross time series request? similar function
of settimeframe() as Amibroker can do?

--- Martin Cooney <martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

---------------------------------

Well for a start it's the weekend so you won't be
getting any data tilmarkets reopen.
I haven't set up the MT4 version in quite sometime
instead preferringthe MT3 plugin - bear in mind
Amibroker isn't really designed for FX sobe prepared
for quite a few headaches and frustrations.

Martin

gaomfen wrote:
I have setup MT 4 plugin in Amibroker today, a green
Okey with the rateserver are shown. but, no data is
feeding into data, anyone knows the reason of this?
thanks--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, wizard@xxx
wrote:

G'day JWS,I would go with the MT3 plugin while it
still works. It's available

from the

official amibroker forums (linked off the website -
loo for post by

takeo). Then

all you need do is open a free account with FXDD, plug
in your

login details and

server info into the config of the plugin in amibroker
and you're

done.

I've also had the MT4 plugin working but the MT3
plugin is much

simpler to setup

and use.Hope this helps,Andrew.Quoting J Wayne
Skerritt <ecodesign@xxx>:

Are there any users that are trading Forex exclusively
with

AmiBroker?

My problem is finding a reliable source of RT
streaming data that

feeds

into AmiBroker. The choices seem limited from the
available data

sources

on the AB website. Most don't offer Forex data except
for eSignal

and

they want an extra $50 as an add on to their monthly
equities

data. I

don't want equities data, just Forex.  I've tried the
MetaTrader 4plugin but can't get it to work
properly.I'm probably missing something, but any
advice from those who haveforged a trail already would
be most appreciated.

email was sent from Netspace Webmail:

http://www.netspace.net.au