[amibroker] Re: Adding All Symbols in Industry to Watchlist

Dingo and Lester, thank you for replying. I've managed to figure it
out (I think). Here's the code for any others who might have the
same problem:

IndList=CategoryGetSymbols(categoryWatchlist,4);

for (i=0;StrExtract(IndList,i)!="";i++)
{
	if (StrExtract(IndList,i)==IndustryID(1))
	{
	CategoryAddSymbol("",categoryWatchlist,8);
	}
}

AddColumn(C,"Close");

Filter=1;

How it works:
I get a list of industry names through another scan I have. I add
that list to watchlist #4 (thus, the "4" in the first line). Then I
run the above code to add all the stocks in each industry listed in
watchlist #4 to watchlist #8 (thus, the "8" in line 6). This would
probably work better as a scan, but I use it as an exploration on
all common stocks.

In order to work, you have to make sure that the industry names in
your watchlist match the real industry names exactly, and your
stocks are properly classified by industry.

Jeff
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "fatboycato" <fatboycato@xxx>