From: Ken Close [mailto:closeks@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, June 11, 2006 8:45 AM
To: 'amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: Corrupted Symbol Tree - AB 4.8 will not run - HELP!!

I have submitted an emergency request to Marcin, but believe my request will
be well back in the line and I am wondering if anyone here has any
suggestions or has experienced this.

I am running (was running) 4.80.1 fine and decided to "clean up" my watch
lists.  I opened Organize Symbols, Watchlists and immediately noted that the
lists of symbols in boxes on both sides had some non-ascii characters
displaying.  Most were normal but the first and last usually were computer
characters.  I closed the Organize Symbols box and clicked on the symbol
tree tab, and AB crashed.  I closed the program, and restarted it and see a
status message "Filling Symbol Tree...Please Wait", then a msg appears
"Amibroker for Win32 needs to close."  That's it.  Won't run.

I tried reinstalling an earlier version and while the exe file for 4.79.5
ran ok (no errors), the same event happens when I try to start the program.
Also the splash screen still shows 4.80.1 so the reinstall did not change
anything.

I am not sure which file is corrupted, but can someone tell me if you know
which file holds the watchlists.  And do you know if I can delete it
(whatever the name) and the program will start with a fresh (but blank) one.

Any help desparately needed as I am dead in the water.

Thanks,

Ken

--

http://us.click.yahoo.com/.7bhrC/MGxNAA/yQLSAA/GHeqlB/TM