Controlling the Zoom Level

Is it possible to control the dates which appear on the bottom axis from
code?

Alternatively, can I save a layout with the last 3 months showing; then save
another layout with 6 months showing, and recall one or the other.  I have
tried but it seems the date span is not saved nor controlled by saving the
layout.  It seems that one needs a new window and two or more windows saved
as a layout will recall differently display intervals.

Any comments?

Thanks,

Ken