Conditional Color in Title

I'm attempting to use a conditional color for one of my title
elements by defining the color as follows and then using following
code:

HighLast52week = LastValue( HHV( High, 5 * 52 ) );
WeekColor = IIf( Close > HighLast52week , 5 , colorDarkBlue );

+ EncodeColor(WeekColor) +  " Close  $  "  + WriteVal(Close/1,1.2)

Everything works fine if I substitute colorwhite in place of WeekColor
so maybe there's some restriction regarding conditional colors and
titles.

Any suggestions or clarification would be appreciated as always.

Regards,

Dean H.