Backing up for reformat

to all those who responded, many thanks.

Fortunately I had copied the entire Ami directory to a newly acquired
Maxtor One Touch external hard drive (the new mini one which draws power
from the notebook usb port).

Pls excuse whilst I digress.

My Sony Vaio can only be recovered from a major problem by totally
reformatting the c drive. Vaio's come with pre-installed XP and a number
of bundled commercial applications. So even if you just need to
re-install Windows XP,  the Sony way of doing things necessitates a c
reformat, causing much angst and a day or more of lost productivity.

Anyway, with a fresh installation and all my apps installed, I've now
taken a Ghost image which I 'll be able to get back from the Maxtor down
the track if fresh hassles emerge.

After restoring those Broker.***** directories and my Australian
folders, Amibroker works as before now on the new 4.8 I chose to install.

Again thanks to all.

cheers

Dennis