RE: [amibroker] Re: Is this a good system?

Hi Yuki,

I would disagree that a method is a system. However I would concede that a
system will utilise a method. E.g. buying breakouts is a method but you
would to nail down quite a few more variables to make a system based on this
method. Actually you would have to nail down quite a few more variables to
trade it (the method) full stop!

I guess its pedantic arguing about semantics but it is surprising how
different traders mean slightly different things when they use the same
terms. When people use the word system I always tend to think they are
talking about a fairly  mechanical approach.

As I said I trade in a fairly discretionary way. I have recently been
persuaded to trade without stops (I have wide 'emergency' stops way away
from the market). The thinking is that when a key area breaks price will
often come back to that area from the other side allowing a scratch or at
least to stop out at a better price. Actually it may well continue in the
direction that was anticipated having taken out all the stops first! This is
somewhat contrary to conventional wisdom but seems to have merit to me. I
always have struggled finding the right stop, the market seems to have a
uncanny ability to seek them out where ever I put them now I don't have to
worry about that.

Cheers,
Nick