RE: [amibroker] Re: OT: Data (Was: Need to fix Database - recommendations wanted)

Start here:

and down at the bottom is a link:

Scroll down to: "4 Tip of the week: : How to automate assigning stocks to sectors/industries ?"

From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of jim_trades_stocks
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 10:01 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: OT: Data (Was: Need to fix Database - recommendations wanted)

Thank you all for your comments.

I have been swing trading for about 25 years using EOD data, the past
8 years or so, online. I have used paid EOD data in the past with
TC2000 and other programs before using Amibroker and my profitability
has not changed with free EOD from Yahoo into AB.

I see no reason to fork out $ 3-400 per year when Yahoo EOD works for
me.

If anyone can suggest how to easily classify my Yahoo tickers (or the
whole US stock market)into sectors/industries etc...I would be
grateful.

Thanks

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Nick Ali" <nick.ali@xxx> wrote:

> I am not a fan of esignal either - DTN is worse. In 'brisk' markets
(not
> fast)  there data lags IB considerably. I guess esignal are
concidered
> 'cheap' (haha) compared to 'professional' feeds.
>
> Cheers.

On Behalf
> Of Yuki Taga
> Sent: 23 May 2006 07:26
> To: MailYahoo
> Subject: [amibroker] OT: Data (Was: Need to fix Database -
recommendations
> wanted)
>
> Hi MailYahoo,
>
> Tuesday, May 23, 2006, 1:23:07 PM, you wrote:
>
> M> You get what you pay for when it comes to data
>
> Not always.
>
> I will be dumping eSignal in six weeks, after giving them a full
year to get
> Tokyo data correct.  Their last trick, this month, was inserting
phantom
> trade dates into the data -- days when the market was locked and
closed.
> This comes amid a consistent inability to get the opening prices
correct, in
> a market that has one and only one opening price.  My eSignal
database is
> riddled with errors.
>
> Their support claimed to have fixed the problem, but a force
backfill shows
> otherwise.  Their support no longer even replies to e-mail.
>
> I don't know what an "allowable fudge factor" would be for data
accuracy,
> but I do know two things:  1) eSignal is *way* over what any
reasonable
> person would consider "allowable", and 2) *much* cheaper data
sources seem
> to have no problems approaching 100 percent correct.  One does *not*
> necessarily get what one pays for.
>
> Yuki

~-->
> Everything you need is one click away.  Make Yahoo! your home page
now.
> http://us.click.yahoo.com/AHchtC/4FxNAA/yQLSAA/GHeqlB/TM
~->

SUPPORT {at}