RE: [amibroker] COM/OLE question

I'll take a look at it a bit later.

FYI - a lot of the OLE docs are in the release notes.  Take a look at the Object Model in the help file and note the highest AFL version (different from AB version number).  Then go back an find the release note that begins with the next higher AFL version and then cut and paste all of the ole stuff and you'll have an up-to-date ole reference.

From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Steve Dugas
Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2006 7:31 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [amibroker] COM/OLE question

Manual works OK but you can't manually do what I want. I am trying to run individual backtester over a watchlist so results are reported for each opt step of each ticker ( for example, 10 tickers x 10 opt steps = 100 lines in results window. I am using

AA.Optimize(1); // 1 = Individual backtester

in the .js file to call the individual optimizer. Seems to work fine except I would like to have a ticker column to sort on. I found info on methods/properties of Analysis object in the help file Object Model.

If you are interested in trying it, I have attached the 2 files I am using. JS file has been renamed to tempjs - it is filled with a bunch of comments because I am really trying to learn this COM stuff, and especially the analysis object, once and for all.

Steve