[amibroker] Trading the Positivity of Volume - An Indicator

Hi all,
“Trading the Positivity of Volume”

I recently developed this indicator looking to
obtain ‘Volume Confirmation’ of short-term
entry signals.
I wanted an indicator that displayed the short-term
positive and negative Momentum of Volume.
It was intended to be for use ONLY on less volatile
Stocks/whatever.

Basically its calculation is a variation on the theme of;
“If today’s close is greater than yesterday - add todays volume”
and vice versa.
Here, the indicator’s first calculation (CondA) is based on;
“If a 10-day WMA of today’s Close is greater than yesterdays - add
todays 10-day WMA of Volume”, and vice versa.

For brevities sake I will not elucidate on the other calculations, you
can check that out.
But I would say that it appears to signals changes in positive/negative
volume at, or sometimes prior to, directional price change.

The attachment shows the indicator plotted below my "Trading the
Kaleidoscope" indicator on which arrows signal possible entry areas.
(Green for longs, red for shorts)
For visual clarity, these arrows have been copied onto the ‘Price’ and
‘Positivity of Volume’ panes.

Regds
Gerard

// Trading the Positivity of Volume
// Gerard Carey - 15th May 2006

CondA=IIf(WMA(C,10)>Ref(WMA(C,10),-1),WMA(V,10),-WMA(V,10));

C1=CondA-Ref(CondA,-1);
C2=CondA-Ref(CondA,-2); C3=CondA-Ref(CondA,-3);
C4=CondA-Ref(CondA,-4); C5=CondA-Ref(CondA,-5);
C6=CondA-Ref(CondA,-6); C7=CondA-Ref(CondA,-7);
C8=CondA-Ref(CondA,-8); C9=CondA-Ref(CondA,-9);
C10=CondA-Ref(CondA,-10); C11=CondA-Ref(CondA,-11);
C12=CondA-Ref(CondA,-12);

CA= (C1+C2+C3+C4+C5+C6+C7+C8+C9+C10+C11+C12)/12 ;

Plot( CA,"Trading the Positivity of Volume",1,4);
Plot(0,"",4);
--
  Gerard Carey
  gerardncarey at fastmail dot fm