Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2006 10:24 PM
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Question on SigScaleIn on Portfolio Testing

I did a manual audit and it appears you are correct - the scale-in
position is NOT counted against the total number of positions.  But
this is a problem.  While it is true you will never exceed your max
equity, it will cause you to enter too many positions meaning that
you will enter some positions at a partial size.  For example:

100,000 account with each position 10% of account and a max of 10
positions.

I get 5 standard signals on day1 - all are entered with $10k.  The
next day all 5 signals give a 2nd entry (scale-in).  Additionally,
on the day2 I get 5 new signals.  So each of the signals on day2
will be entered with $5k.

What I want (and need) is for priority to be given to 2nd entries
and each of the 2nd entries to be taken at full size (10% or $10k in
this example) and the new signals to be ignored.

Of course, you want want to priority between scale-in signals and
new signals to be selectable.

Is there a work-around that is programmable for this or should I
input it into the suggestion black hole (I'm new to Ami, so I really
don't know how fast or slow they are for request.  But my experience
with other software vendors makes me fear for the worse).

Rob

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <amibroker@xxx>
wrote:

> I can only confirm what Terry has said :-)
>
> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com
Testing

>   I don't know the answer for sure, but I'm guessing it does NOT
count
>   against your total positions since it's only a single position
in the
>   backtester. However, you are likely to never have enough money to
>   scale-in since you are spending 10 * 10% on the primary
positions.