From: vlanschot
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 2:37 AM
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Does anyone have a system to import data from AAII into Amibroker?

As I've mentioned on various occassions before, at my request Tomasz
has created a DLL called ThCSV Plugin. It's intention originally was
to be able to read CSV-files with data from Thomson Datastream ( i.e.
columns of time series beyond OHLCVOI, for example PE, DY, PC, etc.
for stocks, but also Duration, Convexity, etc. for bonds). Works like
a charm.

No doubt it would be useful for others too, since it can read any CSV
if structured in the right format. Ask support for more details.

PS

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx , "mikelaurataylor"
<mikelaurataylor@xxx> wrote:

> There is not currently (to the best of my knowledge) a place to
import
> fundemental data from outside parties into the system.   I have
> actually placed an update request with AmiBroker to add some fields
we
> could use to import fundemental data into.
>
> In the interum there are a few ways you can handle this.
>
> (1) You can export the selected data from the AAII database (I do)
> into a CSV and then during your scan you can read the external
file.
>  I do this for Float data.   The only problem is that it is slow
since
> it is accessing the external file for each stock in the scan.
>
> (2) You can first do a selection from the AAII database, for
instance
> for all stocks w/ a low PE or whatever your criteria, then take that
> list of stocks and bring it into a watchlist in AmiBroker and run
> technical scans on it from there.    For instance I recently ran a
> scan of stocks with very high P/Es and which had future projected
P/Es
> that were lower and some other criteria to give me a list of
> potentially overpriced stocks.   I then took this list and brought
it
> in as a watchlist and created a scan to see those that were breaking
> under their 50 day moving averages to see if I could find some good
> overpriced stocks that appeared to be breaking down to short.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Mike
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "christophermuch" <chris.much@>
> wrote:
> >
> > I'm trying to develop a system that updates the fundamental data
from
> > AAII in order to run a stock screener in Amibroker.  If anyone
has any
> > ideas it would be greatly appreciated.
> > Chris

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS