Sent: Monday, May 01, 2006 10:21 PM
Subject: [amibroker] problem with AlertIf() and GetRTData()

i recently converted a rather large formula from SetForeign() to GetRTData(), but now i can't seem to get my AlertIfs working.
Could someone help me out and tell me why this (example) code does not generate alerts in the alert output window?

thanks,
dirk

//example code pair BHS-BZH

BHS=100*GetRTDataForeign("Change","BHS")/GetRTDataForeign("Prev","BHS"); //percentage change since yesterday's close

BZH=100*GetRTDataForeign("Change","BZH")/GetRTDataForeign("Prev","BZH"); //percentage change since yesterday's close

BHS_BZH_trigger=2; //trigger value

AlertIf(Ref(Cross((BHS-BZH),BHS_BZH_trigger),-1),"SOUND D:\\AmiBroker\\Sounds\\alert.wav","Signal Alert on pair BHS-BZH (up)",1);

AlertIf(Ref(Cross(-1*(BHS+BZH),BHS_BZH_trigger),-1),"SOUND D:\\AmiBroker\\Sounds\\alert.wav","Signal Alert on pair BHS-BZH (down)",1);

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS