Re: [amibroker] Re: Automatic trading based on closing price

I probably don't understand your question/issues, but wouldn't the Amibroker Professional Version with IB real-time data serve your purposes?   I've not used it this way but I just launched AB Pro and TWS,  clicked on time frame DAY and pulled Bollinger bands around the price curve.  The price curve is pretty coarse since I don't have all that many bars of historical data in the database.

Joe

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2006 1:42 PM
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Automatic trading based on closing price

Nope, doesn't work if you buy the open. What happens is a stock will
close below the lower Bollinger and then the next morning it gaps up.
If you buy the open you miss most/all of the move. System works over
80% (based on backtesting). The system also sells on the close.

There are other details but that is the gist.

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS