[amibroker] Re: System Performances

Hi guys,

I'm quite puzzled by people not trusting on the backtest results.
As I stated earlier, my system has a stop order factored in, which
means it stops out whenever the stock hits my stop price.

As for a 3% stop, it is not a tight stop in my opinion.  I am arguing
for two points.

1. Ask any daytrader if they are happy to net a 3% gain from a stock
in a day.  My guess is they are more than pleased.  Well, if they are
pleased for a 3% gain for a day, they would obviously be very unhappy
about a 3% loss, which is the opposite side of the spectrum.

2. I've placed a deeper stop (7%) and stopped out.  It is simply too
much to lose in one day's trading, especially because I'm on margin.
I think I lost more than 10%, in terms of my cash because I was all in
with margin power and lost out 7%.

I'm in no way to try convincing anyone about the 3% stop, I'm merely
speaking from my experience.  And remember, this is a daytrading
strategy, not a swing or holding-for-a-month strategy.  I would not
use 3% stop for longer holding strategies.

Regards,

intermilan04