[amibroker] Re: Wealth-Lab Vs Amibroker

Hi Tim,

I no longer use Wealth-Lab, as Amibroker has overtaken WL by leaps and
bounds.  WL has had two bugfix releases and a major version upgrade
(with no new functionality that I can see!) in the last 2 years.  In my
opinion, with the lack of development, the remaining slowness and
stability issues,  and the unavailability of the package (except for
Fidelity customers), the platform is all but dead.  Had potential, but
being acquired by Fidelity killed it.

Since my summary in 2003,  AB has added the position functions, the
position sizing, the auto-trading, and I've even managed to find ways of
plotting my boxes and such on the charts (styleCloud).  It still doesn't
have native classes/objects, but when I really go crazy and need these
to simplify my code, I just use the ADK and C++.  Having switched back,
I'm glad I did as the speed and capabilities are amazing.

So, in a nutshell, I have completely abandoned WL, as there is really no
technical reason to keep using it.

I use Amibroker daily, and I am finding more and more there really isn't
anything I can't do with it.  It's funny, because I used to evaluate TA
platforms all the time, as none was really a "perfect fit", and I always
ended up banging my head against a wall at some point.  I guess that
stopped awhile back, without my even noticing....

Daniel

PS: Hope you don't mind my CCing this to the AB list, but I get these
requests from time to time, and thought it would be useful for others to
see it...

PPS:  Great job Tomasz.  You are truly leading the pack.  Keep up the
great work!!