[amibroker] Re: Scale Out bug - BUG

Please re-read my original message, you should have a copy handy.  The
question you answered was not asked.

My problem that I have isn't that there's only ONE trade generated it
is that the NET PROFIT in the reported is different that the TOTAL
PROFIT when there is only 1 winner and 0 losers.  For the example I
gave, the TOTAL PROFIT is 101.83, TOTAL LOSSES is 0.00, and NET PROFIT
IS 151.83... 101.83 + 0.00 != 151.83.

I've posted an image here.

http://f3.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/wEg6REsckvTPv-u-rdxKp8qTTA5_3i-08ttLaXQ6HL9lujXhsEuQzmCp2j8N4EeZwGAghhYxRoGclZ-YBhJr4vfe1qABxHsRM0B4sAI/Bug_ScaleOut.jpg

Please let me know if you need further clarification.

Regards,

 - Mike

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <amibroker@xxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> 1. Automated responder is providing you with the information for the
next time you want to report something.
> Since you already sent this to different address, there is no need
to resend because it gets delivered with the very first time.

> 2. If you already send this to us I see no reason to send this to
the list. No one except me is going to take care about this anyway.
> I stated it hundreds of times that no one except me is able to
autoritatively confirm or deny the problem because
> people do not have source codes.
> So if you already sent it to bugs or support you should simply allow
us to respond first, instead of generating extra traffic and pressure.

> 3. As to "Perhaps, a short blurb clearly describing the problem
reporting protocol"

> It is already included in the footer of EVERY message that appears
on this mailing list.

> "Please note that this group is for discussion between users only.
> SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com"
>
> Where 'support' means ANY kind of communication between user and
developer.

> You are free to choose whenever you prefer support address or
feedback center (some people
> prefer e-mail some web based forms).
>
> 4. As to the problem itself reported in point 2 - your assumptions
that you found a 'bug' are incorrect.

> I have run the code you have supplied and it generates ONLY ONE
TRADE during entire backtest period,
> so of course there is only ONE winner and ZERO losers.
>
> The fact that you scaling in/out does NOT matter since pyramided
trade considered still as SINGLE trade
> (scaling in/out causes that average entry and exit prices are
calculated).
> Before submitting the 'bug' report always consult the USER GUIDE.
> And it says: http://www.amibroker.com/guide/h_pyramid.html
>
> IMPORTANT: Please note that backtester treats trade that you
scale-in/out as SINGLE trade (i.e. will show single row in trade
list). The only difference versus plain trade is that it will
calculate average entry price (and avg. entry fx rate) based on all
partial entries and average exit price (and avg. exit fx rate) based
on all parial exits and will show average prices in entry/exit price
field. The commission is of course applied correctly to each (partial)
entry/exit depending on partial buy/sell size.

> If you have read this, you won't be submitting 3 'no-bug' reports.
>
> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com

Service.