RE: [amibroker] Stocks disappear

Steve,  I have been having a similar problem.  I have been communicating to AB support on this.  It's like my data gets wiped out.

Larry

From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Steve Behrens
Sent: 04/04/2006 7:53 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Stocks disappear

This has been a bit of an ongoing problem. 4 times in the last 2 months
some of the stocks simply disappear from AB. I update every day and it will
be fine for 2 weeks or so but then all of a sudden I'll type in a symbol
and everything will be blank. I'll then go over to Symbols in Workspace and
see that the stock list prematurely ends. One time they just cut off at the
letter "F", other times it happened in other locations.

I have been going to File -> Database Settings -> Configure -> RETRIEVE to
correct this problem when it occurs but tonight I started up AB after using
it all day and there was absolutely nothing there at all as the entire
database was gone this time. I did RETRIEVE again and got everything back
but this time, I assume because it took everything out, all my Watchlists
and everything in my Favorites were gone. I have to re-create all that was
there now. Has anyone ran across this before? Does anyone have a fix for it?

Thanks

Steve B

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS