[amibroker] IB plugin - question

some stupid questions from me because I have not yet tested this
myself:

> this is also why the API can only handle 100 symbols at once because
> the API is actually flowing through the TWS.

assuming the normal symbol limit of 100 symbols (not the higher quota
for very active traders):

1) Do IB customers get the 100 API symbols IN ADDITION TO the symbols
viewed on a TWS page?

2) When a customer is viewing 100 API symbols via the API, can he
still watch realtime symbols in the TWS?   And if this is the case,
do the symbols watched on a TWS page have to be the same as the
symbols watched via API (Amibroker plugin)?

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "mikelaurataylor"
<mikelaurataylor@xxx> wrote:

> The interactive broker interface (TWS) allows you to have multiple
> tabs or pages.
>
> Within any one tab or page you can have up to 100 symbols (unless
you
> "earn" more by being an active trader) presenting data to you at one
> time.    In other words, you can create one page or sheet that has
> 1000 symbols on it at once because it would force the system to keep
> 1000 lines of data updated all at once.
>
> Instead you can create 10 pages of 100 symbols each so the system is
> only updating real time the one page (or 100 symbols) that you are
> showing.
>
> this is also why the API can only handle 100 symbols at once because
> the API is actually flowing through the TWS.

24 Hours. Commission-Free.