From: Andy
Sent: Friday, March 31, 2006 2:36 AM
Subject: RE: [amibroker] Adaptive indicators / variable periods

Tomasz,

I should definitely have experimented more with the various functions before I posted my question, but perhaps the user’s guide needs updating to point out the (IMO) extremely useful dynamic nature of the functions that Corey has highlighted?

Corey,

Thanks very much indeed for that post. My life, and full transition to AB, has just been made sooo much easier!...I should now be able to construct just about any dynamic variable-period indicator from those basic functions. And I couldn’t agree more about your comments on the significance of these features…

With reference to EMA coding, I guess you mean that:

EMA(array,period) is equivalent to AMA(array, 2/(period+1))  ???

Regards

Andy

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS