From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf
Of mikelaurataylor
Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 4:51 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Question on "wait for backfill"

Have a question on "wait for backfill" feature of the AA window.

On a daily basis I am tracking about 100 stocks and running the AA
window every 1 minute to look for certain volume/price changes.

I usually have the "wait for backfill" checked but with IQFEED the
system occassionally gets "stuck" on a symbol forever (it hung for
over an hour today on "HANS" for no reason) and the whole things stops
running.

I wasn't sure what happens if you DO NOT have this checked.

For instance, if you are running the AA window on a watchlist and you
do not have this checked, will it attempt to first update the price of
each stock but move on to the next one if not completed.... or ....
will it just not attempt to backfill?

Assuming you were running a list of stocks through it I wasn't sure
exactly what the difference was.   Can someone explain?

Thanks

Mike