From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of mikelaurataylor
Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2006 5:54 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: AB Picked as "Top Windows Pick" in AAII
Computerized Investing

I have both (AmiBroker w/ IQFeed data feed RT and Yahoo EOD) and using
IB as the broker  and I also have Tradestation.

Here is a really really quick recap of things.   My goal is to
eliminate tradestation shortly (per the info below):

1. Biggest + with AmiBroker and yahoo EOD is ability to build scans
for the entire market w/ EOD data and ability to easily backtest a
watchlist or porfolio of stocks.   Tradestation can only backtest one
stock at a time (although I understand there are plugins for this) and
there is NO ability to build market scans.

2. Reason I still have tradestation:   I have multiple watchlists that
I watch in realtime with multiple list windows (Radardscreens), which
is typical of most realtime products.     Right now AB only has one
window/pane. I believe this may change in a future release and if/when
it does I'll eliminate Tradestation.

Beyond that I will say I have never had any issues w/ tradestation
data/performance and IQFeed and/or Esignal isn't quite as dependable -
but I think it is good enough for what I do.

In terms of pricing: You get tradestation for Free if you do enough
trading (the bar isn't that high) but if you compare to IB pricing you
end up paying $100 to $150 more per month for Tradestation commissions
then you would w/ IB so it really isn't free if you can work w/
AmiBroker and IB.   (Tradestation charges 1 cent per share and AB is
1/2 a cent I believe.   At 25000 shares in and out (50000) this adds
up to $250 I believe)

Hope that helps.

Mike

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ara Kaloustian" <ara1@xxx> wrote:

> Interactive brokers is about same price or better than TradeStation.
>
> If you can get the flexibility you need from Trade Station ... it's Ok.
> Otherwise using Amibroker with (free) data from IB is the way to go.
 Even
> if you have to pay eSignal for data, you're still ahead of the game
because
> of Amibroker's flexibility

24 Hours. Commission-Free.