[amibroker] Use of Alias for Formulas for 2 databases

I've developed formulas for McClellan Osc, Summation, A/D, etc for
indexes in FastTrack. Can I use the alias feature to make these formulas
work whenI switch to QuotesPlus for indexes in the QuotesPlus data base?

For example if FastTrack symbol for Nasdaq Adv Vol is UVOLQ, the
equivalent for Quotes Plus is !NQ-AV.   So if I coded the formula
for UVOLQ, can I use the alias feature in the QuotesPlus database
by going to the !NQ-AV ticker and editing the alias field adding UVOLQ?

I've tried this with no sucess. How does the alias field work?

Bob K.