[amibroker] Re: IQ FEED direct or through Quotetracker - price difference?

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "mikelaurataylor"
<mikelaurataylor@xxx> wrote:

> Quotetracker has set up a deal w/ IQfeed where you can get real time
> equities for $20/month (and then pay extra if you want
> futures/future options).
>
> If you use the AmiBroker fee schedule that they have it is $50/month
> (and the future are free).
>
> Since I don't use futures I'd rather pay the $20/month then the
> $50/month.
>
> Here is a two part question.
>
> 1. Quotetracker is only $60 (total) to register.    If I use the
> quotetracker data feed from AmiBroker and then use the IQFEED into
> Quotetracker it is an extra step but will be less costly.     Does
> anyone know if there is any significant delay in the data or if
> there are any differences in using realtime data form IQFEED through
> quotetracker or directly?

Quotetracker subscription - 10 days of intraday data.
Amibroker subscription - 4 or 5 months of intraday data - many years
of EOD data - if memory serves me correctly.

> 2. Alternativley, do you know whether if you sign up for the service
> for Quotetracker if they use the same client and you would be able
> to use the cheaper service directly with Amibroker?

The Quotetracker service won't work with Amibroker.  Actually at one
time it used to.  But they "caught" me and than charged me the
difference.  At which time I cancelled the service and they actually
gave me a full refund.  (Those guys are O.K. in my book :-)  Am
thinking about re-subscribing.

a=z