[amibroker] Re: non-real simulation?

corrected:

Thank you Steve for your answer. Thanks to you I have found the
problem. It is my understanding of the cross function.

I thought cross(H,Buystop) was equivalent to H > Buystop AND ref(H,-
1) < Buystop

But actually it is equivalent to:

H > Buystop AND ref(H,-1) < ref(Buystop,-1)

Buystop is dynamic and is changing everyday. If there is a long bar
before my buy rules are true Amibroker will not generate a buy since
ref(H,-1) is higher than ref(Buystop,-1). For the cross to be true
we need that buystop does not change much (upside) from day to day.
Thomas
please confirm.

Oscar

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "cagigas00" <cagigas00@xxx> wrote:

> Thank you Steve for your answer. Thanks to you I have found the
> problem. It is my understanding of the cross function.
>
> I thought cross(H,Buystop) was equivalent to H > Buystop AND ref
(H,-
> 1) > Buystop
>
> But actually it is equivalent to:
>
> H > Buystop AND ref(H,-1) > ref(Buystop,-1)
>
> Buystop is dynamic and is changing everyday. If there is a long
bar
> before my buy rules are true Amibroker will not generate a bar
since
> ref(H,-1) is higher than ref(Buystop,-1). For the cross to be true
> we need that buystop does not change much from day to day.  Thomas
> please confirm.
>
> Oscar
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Steve Dugas" <sjdugas@> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > The 2 formulas say different things. Cross function only marks
> actual
> > crosses - i.e., a bar where H is above Buystop and on the
previous
> bar it
> > was below. Your second method will mark all bars where H is
above
> Buystop,
> > whether a cross just occurred or not.
> >
> > Steve