Re: [amibroker] COM commands for Metastock retrieve symbols

Richard,

You can use the Stocks collection to retrieve a list of stocks in an
AmiBroker database. (See automation object model in AmiBroker
reference guide for more information)

A short VBScript example, save in file with a vbs extension.

Dim oAB
Dim oStocks, oStock
Dim i, StockCount
Dim ticker

Set oAB = CreateObject("Broker.Application")
Set oStocks = oAB.Stocks()
StockCount = oStocks.Count

for i = 0 to 2 'oStocks.Count
    set oStock = oStocks.Item(i)
    msgbox oStock.Ticker
next

etc.

Regards,
William Peters
http://www.amitools.com

RD> Does anyone know if there are any COM commands that can  be
RD> run within a script to retrieve the symbols in a Metastock format
RD> database?
RD>
RD> Scenario:  Every day there are usually a dozen or  more
RD> stocks that change codes, get delisted etc. Rather than having to
RD> click  File -> Database Settings -> Configure -> Retrieve Symbols
RD> to rescan  all of the Metastock folders, I'd like to automate this
RD> because I have to run a  script every day for
RD> market/group/industry/watchlist assignments  anyway.
RD>
RD> I'd like to do something like this:
RD> AmiBroker = new ActiveXObject( "Broker.Application"  );
RD> AmiBroker.RetreiveMetasockSymbols();
RD>
RD>
RD> Best regards,
RD> Richard  Dale.
RD> Norgate Investor Services
RD> - Premium quality Stock, Futures and  Foreign Exchange Data for
RD>   markets in Australia, Asia, Canada, Europe,  UK & USA -
RD> www.premiumdata.net

24 Hours. Commission-Free.