Re: [amibroker] why is formula results stored in array

ADX is an array, there is a different value for every bar on the chart.
You are using IF which is an array function used inside loops in bar
by bar calculations, of if the variable is in fact a single scalar
value (like the symbol name or if you calle dup LastVale(ADX(20)). It
also is incorrectly used in your line.
What you could do, if you referred to the list of available functions
and examples is this

CheckReady = iif(ADX(period) >= 20, ADX(period), 0);

this will give the value of ADX to the variable checkready, or if
below 20 the varibale value will be zero.

--
Cheers
Graham

On 3/15/06, murthysuresh <money@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I dont understand one fact.
> CheckReady = if(ADX(period) >= 20) this fails becasue the adx is
> returned as a array and not a number.
>
> 1. Why is the return value of the Adx function stored as a array. i
> would expect the result to be a decimal number.
>
> 2. What is the best way to cast the array as a number?

> SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com

> http://www.amibroker.com/support.html

24 Hours. Commission-Free.