From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Brian
Sent: Sunday, 12 March 2006 12:43 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: What methods used for system signal weighting?

Paul,

If I understand what you are suggesting, it sounds very much like
something I did awhile ago, but did not get very good results with
it.

Could you give a clearer explanation about what you are talking
about? What you wrote may be interpreted in more ways than one.

Not sure if you suggest using "AddToComposite", or are thinking
something else.

Thanks!

Brian

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Paul Ho" <paultsho@xxx> wrote:

> Make a composite signal and backtest it, no?
> composite signal = signal1* signal^a or
> composite signal = signal1 + signal2*a;
>
>   _____

On Behalf
> Of Brian
> Sent: Sunday, 12 March 2006 4:22 AM
> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [amibroker] Re: What methods used for system signal
weighting?

> Hi Ara,
>
> Yes, I am already giving higher weight to my best trend signals.
The
> trend system should maybe be an entirely different weighted
system,
> perhaps... last night I thought of breaking my weighting down by
> timecycle of my indicators (fast, medium, slow), but realized this
> really breaks down into leading signals vs. trend signals. Both of
> which would likely do better with their own weighted system, since
> they are so different from each other.
>
> Basically, the trend screen comes before the leading indicator
> signal screen. Screen by trend direction then sort by signal
weight.
> So, total market trend > sector trend > stocks within sector >
> trending stocks > stocks with buy signal
>
> Each step of the way might require it's own weighting system. Lots
> of maintenance. Any nice way to get my cake without having to EAT
it?

> The goal seems to be to automate the decision tree process, since
> this leaves more room for the intuitive process to take over. IMO,
> that's how gut-knowledge is accumulated, kind of like the guys who
> learn to predict the tape by watching the numbers for years, on
> their PDA, while working as a janitor at Walmart. Except those
guys
> generally aren't trading when they learn this, which is why they
> have time learn it.
>
> ~Brian
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ara Kaloustian" <ara1@> wrote:
> >
> > Brian,
> >
> >  I have just stated looking at this issue... Used it to identify
> > continuation trades that have very high %win ratios and high
> returns. My
> > thought is to increase the investment size if i have no position
> or get an
> > extra "unit" of that stock.
> >
> > I am using a combination of indicstors (CCI and MACD), but
> studying the
> > signals that trigger at various levels of the indicators.
> >
> > Ara

t=ms&k=Investment+management+software&w1=Inves

tment+management+software&w2=Real+estate+investment+software&w3=Inves
tment+p

roperty+software&w4=Software+support&w5=Real+estate+investment+analys
is+soft
> ware&w6=Investment+software&c=6&s=200&.sig=_XXUzbE9l5lGlZNcMu4KNQ>
> management software       Real
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Real+estate+investment+software&w1=Inve

stment+management+software&w2=Real+estate+investment+software&w3=Inve
stment+

property+software&w4=Software+support&w5=Real+estate+investment+analy
sis+sof

tware&w6=Investment+software&c=6&s=200&.sig=5_sgDczz3ArKGMtJ9tFSJA>
estate
> investment software       Investment
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Investment+property+software&w1=Investm

ent+management+software&w2=Real+estate+investment+software&w3=Investm
ent+pro

perty+software&w4=Software+support&w5=Real+estate+investment+analysis
+softwa
> re&w6=Investment+software&c=6&s=200&.sig=_N6zcwefgp4eg5n6oX5WZw>
property
> software
> Software
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Software+support&w1=Investment+manageme

nt+software&w2=Real+estate+investment+software&w3=Investment+property
+softwa

re&w4=Software+support&w5=Real+estate+investment+analysis+software&w6
=Invest
> ment+software&c=6&s=200&.sig=MJ2jP31F3n64RDZkDadU8w> support       Real
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Real+estate+investment+analysis+softwar

e&w1=Investment+management+software&w2=Real+estate+investment+softwar
e&w3=In

vestment+property+software&w4=Software+support&w5=Real+estate+investm
ent+ana

lysis+software&w6=Investment+software&c=6&s=200&.sig=GmF8PlAJASx0wrSa
X5-Zlw>
> estate investment analysis software       Investment
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Investment+software&w1=Investment+manag