Re: [amibroker] Drag and Drop

Ara,

If you use "INSERT" then AB creates a COPY of your indicator inside "drag-drop" directory so further overlays do NOT
affect your original code (very useful especially when using indicators that ship with AB - you do not want these to be affected).

If you use "INSERT LINKED" then AB does NOT create copy and uses the file directly,
but then if you modify the formula or perform drag-drop then it will modify original formula.

I copy the description from USERS GUIDE:

Formula (chart) context menu

Formula (chart) context menu shows up when you click with RIGHT mouse button over formula listed in the Charts tab of Workspace pane (see picture on the left)

Available choices:

  • Insert - inserts selected indicator into new chart pane.

    Insert command internally creates a copy of the original formula file and places such copy into hidden drag-drop folder so original formula will not be affected by subsequent editing or overlaying other indicators onto it.

    Double clicking on formula name is equivalent with choosing Insert command from the menu.
  • Insert Linked - inserts selected indicator into new chart pane directly (i.e. linked to original).

    Insert Linked command does not create any copy of the formula. Instead it creates new chart pane that directly links to original formula. This way subsequent editing and/or overlaying other indicators will modify the original
  • Overlay - overlay selected indicator onto selected chart pane

    Overlay command internally appends additional code to the formula used by the chart pane. If given chart pane was created usign Insert Linked, it will modify original (linked) formula.
  • Analysis - show up Automatic Analysis window and pick selected formula
  • Edit - open Formula Editor window to edit selected formula
  • Rename - rename currently selected formula file
  • Delete - delete currently selected formula file
  • New
    • Formula - creates new formula file in currently selected folder
    • Folder - creates new subfolder under currently selected folder
  • Refresh - re-reads Formula directory and re-display formula tree

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com