Re: [amibroker] Pct Change in Exploration

Have you tried to calculate the % change based on referencing the buy signal on the sell date?

I beleive the Buy/Sell arrays are thesame for backtest and explore

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, March 10, 2006 12:45 PM
Subject: [amibroker] Pct Change in Exploration

I have a system that that gives a BUYS based on some indicator readings and SELL based on other indicator readings.

Works great as a back test.  I’d like to convert this to an exploration but the difficulty I am having is figuring out how to calculate the percentage change between the buy and sell signals.  Typically in explorations I do something like this to calculate the percentage change array based on a Fixed number of bars, N.

            PctChg = ( Ref( Close, N ) - Close ) / Close * 100;

How do I do the samething based on Buy and Sell arrays?  Is there away for a given Buy, to get the bar at which the Sell occurs?

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS