From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Martin Cooney
Sent: Saturday, 11 March 2006 10:39 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [amibroker] RE: Help noob questions =)

Luis,

Amiroker is a wonderfully rich and diverse platform but is a little thin
on the ground when it comes to Forex. I'm a member of another group at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ForexSystemBuilders/ who are endeavoring,
in their own little way, to overcome this. The group has an MT3 API
plug-in for Amibroker which allows you to use live data and trading
abilities with MT3 based brokers. It further allows import of historical
data. I'd suggest you join up and read some recent posts - it isn't a
hugely busy forum.

As for the new window, is this a matter of Insert a CCI which creates a
new pane and use 'Overlay' option to place an EMA on top of the CCI ?
Hopefully I understand you.

Cheers
Martin

lcamou2003 wrote:
> Thank you Martin. =)
> Ok Amiquote only downloads daily prices for forex (is not Amiquote's
> fault but the source ), some symbols has prices that need to be
> corrected.
> the total Symbols for AmiQuote are:
>
> EURCHF       GBPUSD
> EURGBP       USDCHF
> EURJPY       USDDEM
> EURUSD       USDJPY
>
> USDDEM is the latest added.
>
> As i said before it only works with daily prices and it goes back in
> history to 2002.
>
> I am looking to get 10 years. I found a place that will sell 20 years
> of forex data daly and 8 years for intraday data.
>
> I would like to use AB for trading live the problem i have is that i
> am using interbankfx data feed with Metatrader and i don't know how to
> use this data feed live from within AB =(
>
> As far as the problem with the chart I found out the culprit =)
> when i download AmiBroker it had on the formula a linreg turned on for
> the last 5 bars ( i think ) that needs to be taken out ( i downloaded
> it 3 times and it was on all of them ) and since it is on the script
> you need to comment it out. If you don't it will show an almost flat
> price line if you go back 3 months in history.
>
> I know this is a long post but i got another question
>
> how can you add another window on sheet1 with a ema on a cci and a cci
>  ?
>
> Again thank you martin
>

> Luis

> SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com

> http://www.amibroker.com/support.html
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

Thank you Martin and Paul I will look into it =)
Sorry i could not find the overlay option BUT it seems that the new AmiBroker beta  supports now drag & drop on any indicator window  =)

Luis

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS