From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Brian
Sent: Thursday, March 09, 2006 2:12 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Short system advice?

I have some nice, well-tested long systems in place. I was surprised
when testing my discretionary systems, to find that none of my short
signals performed nearly as well as the long signals, in the
optimization/backtest/monte carlo simulations.

Is this common?

In addition, I am looking for some ideas around what indicators to use
as the foundation for building an adequate short system. Any ideas? I
did some searches on previous messages here, and did not find anything
of value. General rules of thumb, and bits of experiential wisdom, are
also welcome -- as they apply to short systems.

Thanks in advance,

Brian

24 Hours. Commission-Free.