[amibroker] Re: Inserting another security chart below main chart

1) Dick, have you tried:

Window - New

This will open a new chart window which you can tile horizontally. Now you can switch the focus to any of those two windows and use F4 to change tickers.

2) Graham's idea allows to place a chart of a different ticker in the pane below the chart normally used for indicators. Now my question is:

how to make "foreign" chart showing in candlesticks?

Here is a code example (foreign chart is plotted as Dots):

/*********************************/
// Foreign Chart In Indicator Pane

ft_ = ParamStr("Foreign Ticker", "XIU-T");       // foreign ticker
ff_ = ParamToggle("Foreign Fixup", "OFF|ON", 1); // foreign fixup, 1=ON

fc_ = Foreign( ft_, "C", ff_); // foreign chart

Plot(fc_, "", colorOrange, styleDots); // plot foreign chart

Title = "\\c11"+Interval(format=2)+"  "+Date()+"\\c42  "+Name()+"="+C+"\\c25  "+ft_+"="+fc_;

/*********************************/

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Graham <kavemanperth@xxx> wrote:

> Use foreign chart to show a different symbol
>
> --
> Cheers
> Graham
> AB-Write >< Professional AFL Writing Service
> Yes, I write AFL code to your requirements
> http://e-wire.net.au/~eb_kavan/ab_write.htm
>

> On 2/21/06, areehoi <rhoierman@xxx> wrote:
> > This is probably a dumb question but I can't seem to finds out how to
> > do.  For instance I have ^IXIC showing as my main Chart with several
> > indicators below it.  I would like to Insert another Chart (Price)
> > below this main chart (for Example ^VIX) but can't figure out how.
> > The HELP file says "Each window can consist of several panes
> > displaying various charts / indicators. To insert new pane with
> > built-in chart use Insert->Standard charts menu. To insert custom
> > indicator you can use Insert->Custom indicators menu, or
> > Analysis->Indicator Builder->Apply or Ctrl+I key stroke.".  I've tried
> > to follow this but to no avail.  Another example would be to insert a
> > security chart from the Symbol list i.e. (IBM) to appear below the
> > ^IXIC main chart then close it out and click on the Symbol panel to
> > insert another one in its place. I feel sure it can be done, as other
> > programs like MetaStock & FasTrack do. If this can be done your help
> > will be appreciated.  Thanks.
> >
> > Dick H.

> > SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com

> > Yahoo! Groups Links