Re: [amibroker] backtest results different when profit target setting used.

buyprice is an array to what ever value you set it
so if you selct Open then buyprice is the same as Open for every bar
To use it for exit then you need to use valuewhen(buy,O)
But, if you have trade delays then it will need to be set to
valuewhen( ref(buy,-X, O )
The other thing to watch for is if you have subsequent buy signals
before you get a sell, the calculated value based on buy signal will
be updated for every new buy signal. The only and best way to achieve
use of buy bar values is to use a for loop to overcome the multiple
buy signal bars, but yu must still considerthe trade delays even in
the loop
Using applystop overcomes all these problems, but you must applystop
the way it was designed

--
Cheers
Graham

On 2/21/06, eric paradis <thechemistrybetweenus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I get a different backtest result if I use the below
> code rather than the internal profit target setting of
> 10%. Can someone explain why its different.
>
> Sell = Close *.9 > BuyPrice;
>
> Thanks,
>
> Eric

> http://mail.yahoo.com