Re: [amibroker] Re: Simple Moving Averages on Layers

you can also do this using simple IIF function

period = iif( interval()==inweekly, 40, 200 );
LMA = MA(C,period);

I only bring this up because you could get problems using IF with an
array variable because it needs to be within a for loop to move it
through the bars, or you need to use Lastvalue of the arrays to amke
it a single scalar value

--
Cheers
Graham

On 2/6/06, marketmonk777 <dlittner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Yuki,
>
> Thanks for the quick reply.  That will work great and allow me to
> change a lot of my indicators as I like to have different parameters
> for each time frame.
>
> Dave
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Yuki Taga <yukitaga@xxx> wrote:
> >
> > Hi marketmonk777,
> >
> > Monday, February 6, 2006, 1:21:41 PM, you wrote:
> >
> > m> Hi,
> >
> > m> I would like to have the moving averages change as I switch from a
> > m> Daily  chart to a Weekly chart.
> >
> > m> Was looking to have (as an example) a 50 ma and a 200 ma on the Daily
> > m> and a 10 ma and a 40 ma on the weekly.
> >
> > m> I can see how to have text, trendlines, and other studies be assigned
> > m> to a particular layer but can't seem to figure out to do the same
> with
> > m> the MAs.  Is this possible?
> >
> > Like this:
> >
> > Define plain vanilla MAs; then set them according to Interval().
> >
> > if (Interval()==86400) //Daily Bars
> > LMA = MA(C,200); //Long Moving Average
> > else
> > LMA = MA(C,40); //Weekly Bars