[amibroker] Does Amibroker always loop through the array?

Hi,

I am new to Amibroker and just starting to learn AFL. I created a
custom exploration to practice coding, and something very surprising
happened. Here is the code:

test=Close[BarCount-1]/Close[BarCount-200]-1;
Filter = test>0;
AddColumn (test,"Test");

There is no syntax error, and the explore run fine when it was
applied to all symbols and all qoutations. However, the results are
not expected. It seems that for every symbol, the computer does not
stop after the initial calculation and kept going down the Close
array until the variable test is no longer less than zero. Is this
the normal behavior for the Amibroker software? If so, is it even
possible in Amibroker to calculate just once for each symbol,
instead of going through the array?

Thanks,

Tom

24 Hours. Commission-Free.