RE: [amibroker] Re: move stocks from watchlist->Maybe scripting

Hi,

I have used “organize assignments” feature.  And it’s not bad but requires even more key strokes than the very first option or method we discussed.

The simplest way I have found is to pin open the symbols tree, open up the particular watchlist folder, and select the first stock.  I think what Murthysuresh is going to do is view the current symbol and make a decision as to whether or not the current symbol being looked at is going to stay in that watchlist or not.

Let’s assume that he starts viewing the symbols in the A group.  When he comes to a symbol that he wants to move to the B or C group, he has to right click on the symbol in the tree and select “Watchlist – Add selected symbol”.   A pop up box appears and he would select the B or C group watchlist.

The next step is to right mouse click again on the same symbol and this time select “Watchlist – remove selected symbol”.   Now he would select the A group watch list so to delete the symbol from this list.

It is a two step process with a bunch of clicking to accomplish the task.  I can’t imagine any other way to do it from within AB or by using automation or scripting.

My thoughts are that one would take action immediately after viewing each symbol.    Batch processing might be able to be performed if there was a way to flag each symbol.

Here is a picture of the pop up box that TC2005 provides.  The advantage of this feature is that the current symbol can be added or deleted to multiple watchlists all in one session by adding or removing the check.

Regards,

Dave

Go Seahawks!